- This event has passed.
17th National War of 1812 Symposium
October 5, 2013 @ 9:00 am - 5:00 pm
“What Was at Stake in the War of 1812: U.S.S. Constitution to the War for the American West, Tecumseh’s Confederacy to Fort George, and Beyond”
- Commander Tyrone Martin, US Navy, Retd., “USS Constitution — Demythology 101.”
- Lt. Col. Richard V. Barbuto, US Army, Retd., “A Re-examination of the Battle for Fort George.”
- Martin K. Gordon, PhD, U of Maryland University Coll, “The Fighting for the West: Ohio and Beyond.”
- Col. Harold W. Youmans, US Army, Retd., “Military Discipline in the War of 1812.”
- Tom Kanon, PhD, Tennessee State Archives “The Legacy of Tecumseh in the War of 1812.”
- Gene Smith, PhD, Texas Christian U, “The Slaves’ Gamble: Choosing Sides in the War of 1812.”
- Diane Williams, “1812 in the Twenty-First Century: The War of 1812 on Youtube”
Registration, including cost of refreshments and choice of lunchtime sandwich or veggie wrap catered by Sascha’s Silver Sacs is $50.00 per person, payable to the War of 1812 Consortium, Inc.
Note that, to comply with fire regulations, the Fort McHenry Visitor Center Education Room has a maximum capacity of fifty persons. This number includes speakers. So register early! Cut-off date is September 30, 2013
Send checks to Christopher T. George, War of 1812 Consortium, Inc., 3800 Canterbury Road, Baltimore, MD 21218.
When applying to register, please specify lunch choice—
- Baltimore’s Very Best Chicken Salad w/Grapes & Tarragon Mayo on a Baguette
- All American: Virginia Baked Ham, w/Dilled Harvati & Country Mustard on Multi Grain
- Veg-Out Veggie Wrap, Assorted Grilled Vegetables, Romaine, & Roasted Red Pepper Hummus
*******Attendees should also tell us please speaker you would like to sit with for our traditional roundtable discussions*******
For more information, contact Chris George, at firstname.lastname@example.org or 410-243-5635 The Seventeenth National War of 1812 Symposium is co-sponsored by the Council on America’s Military Past (CAMP-USA)